This quick and simple Spanish Chicken Tray Bake with Potatoes is super quick but big on flavour. Plus, only one pan to wash up! The perfect family dinner.
Have you seen a more colourful tray bake to brighten up a mid week dinner?!
This Spanish Chicken recipe not only looks flipping delish, it tastes it too.
Packed with the smokey paprika and chorizo flavours (please tell me it’s not just me who always nibbles a piece or two, or five of chorizo whilst it’s cooking?), it’s a complete meal. Hurrah for washing up only one pan!
If that wasn’t enough here are three more reasons to make this dish:
✅ All in one pan, no prep.
✅ Chicken thighs are great value.
✅ Super tasty because.. CHORIZO 😍
Top Tip for making the Chicken and Chorizo One Pan recipe:
I chop all of my vegetables in the morning, or the night before, and cover and put in the fridge.
That way, when I get home in the evening, I can just throw it all in and help with homework while it cooks. Yesss!
Notes on some of the ingredients in this Spanish Chicken and Chorizo recipe:
Chicken – I use bone in chicken thighs, with skin on, as they are great value and super tasty. You can use skinless, or boneless if you prefer, or even chicken breasts. Just reduce the cooking time accordingly.
Chorizo – Buy the ring type chorizo and chop it into chunks. Thin slices won’t really work here.
Olives – Use whichever your favourite pitted olives are.
Onions – I tend to use red onion as it’s quite sweet. But regular white onion is fine too.
Peppers – I use a mixture of red, orange or yellow. Use whichever you prefer.
Tomatoes – I use cherry tomatoes on the vine as they look so pretty! You can use just large tomatoes cut in half or regular cherry tomatoes if you prefer.
Fancy some other one pan/tray bake meals?
- Honey and Mustard Chicken One Pan (the reviews I get on this are SO good – you guys love it!)
- Baked Cod Italian Style One Pan (this is so tasty and a delicious way to eat more fish.)
- One Pan Lemon Asparagus Chicken (an old recipe of mine but still a favourite.)
- Baked Salmon One Pan (a really simple way to cook salmon.)
- Pesto Chicken Bake (a favourite with my children!)
Hope you enjoy this recipe. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this.
Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ on the recipe below!
Also, if you fancy showing me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations and try and share as many of them as I can.
Spanish Chicken One Pot Recipe
Spanish Chicken One Pot - This quick and simple mid week meal really delivers on flavour and time, and only one pan to wash up! The perfect family dinner.
- 150 g Chorizo See Note 1.
- 500 g Potatoes Cut into bite sized pieces.
- 2 Large red onions Peeled and cut into wedges
- 8 Chicken thighs I use bone in, with skin on. See Note 2.
- 3 Peppers Seeded and cut into wedges (I like to use a mixture of colours).
- 400 g Tomatoes See Note 3.
- 100 g Pitted olives Drained. See Note 4.
- 8 Cloves Garlic Whole, in their skins. See Note 5.
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Sweet smoked paprika See Note 6.
- Chopped flat leaf parsley Optional
- Wedges of lemon for squeezing over Optional
Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
On a large baking sheet, or casserole dish, mix the chorizo and potatoes. Put into the oven for 15 minutes. (See Note 7.)
Add all other ingredients and give it a good stir to coat everything in the yummy chorizo oil. Put back into the oven for about 35 minutes or until your chicken is cooked through.
- Chorizo - Be sure to buy chunks of chorizo, not thin slices.
- Chicken - I use chicken thighs as they are tasty and good value. You can use chicken breasts if you prefer, but you will probably need to reduce the cooking time so they don't over cook.
- Tomatoes - If you like your tomatoes a pretty 'squishy' to make a sauce for the dish, add them with the potatoes at the start of cooking. (I like mine like this, but they will be quite soft!)
- Olives - I know lots of children don't like olives (mine included) but they are worth trying in this as they add a real burst of delicious acidity. If not using them, I'd definitely add a squeeze of lemon before serving.
- Garlic - I add some whole cloves to this bake, then squeeze the delicious roasted garlic from the skins as we eat it. I do this before serving to the children.
- Sweet Smoked Paprika - Be sure this is the type you're using, NOT Hot Smoked Paprika! You could replace regular paprika if it's all you have.
- Non Stick Pan - The oil from the chorizo will come out when you start to cook it, meaning you don't need to add any. If you don't have a non stick baking sheet, you might want to give it a good stir after 5 minutes in the oven to be sure that the potatoes don't stick.
This recipe was originally published on June 19, 2017. It has been updated with tweaks to the recipe and new photos on September 10, 2019.