This pan-fried Chorizo Gnocchi is ready in 20 minutes and is packed with simple store-cupboard ingredients and a delicious smoky flavour. A quick dinner that the whole family will love.
We all know what our dream midweek recipes include, right? Ready in under 20 minutes, and cooked all in one pan. Add in chorizo and OH HELLO.
Here it is, my Chorizo Gnocchi recipe. Ticking all of those boxes and more.
You can throw everything in the pan and cook together, leaving you with a rich, sumptuous sauce that’s full of goodness in just 20 minutes flat. I just love evenings when I know I have a really tasty meal to look forward to but it’s not going to take loads of time or effort.
Both gnocchi and chorizo have very forgiving shelf lives too, which means you can buy the ingredients to keep in the fridge until you get one of those days in the week when you haven’t planned, defrosted a freezer meal or put anything in the slow cooker either. Voila.
Why you’ll love this Chorizo Gnocchi recipe
⭐️ Simple but tasty ingredients
⭐️ Super speedy
⭐️ Throw it all in one pan
About this One-Pot Chorizo Gnocchi
Gnocchi is something I love because it gives a nice change from pasta. Pronounced noh-kee, they are little Italian, soft, dumpling-style pasta made with a dough that usually includes potato, semolina or plain wheat flour, and egg.
They work really well with plenty of sauce, and you can cook it separately or, like this recipe, you can throw it in with the sauce to cook.
Chorizo Gnocchi Ingredients
- Olive oil
- Chorizo ring
- Dried gnocchi
- Red onion
- Chopped tomatoes
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Grated cheese – Grated mozzarella works well because of how it melts, but you can use whichever cheese you prefer.
- Chorizo – You could leave this out and add something like leftover chicken instead. Just use some more smoked paprika to retain the spices though.
- Vegetables – If you want, add as many as you like and get in another one of your 5-a-day. Something like a tin of sweetcorn or frozen peas might work well.
In the fridge You can keep this recipe in the fridge for 3 days. Reheat fully by in the oven on before serving.
Top tip for making Chorizo Gnocchi
If you’re really wanting to streamline dinner time, you could cook this the night before instead. Once cooled, pop it all into a casserole dish and place in the fridge overnight. When you’re ready to eat, put the dish in the oven to reheat at 200C for 20 minutes, adding the grated cheese on top to melt and brown.
A really good, sturdy one-pan pan with a lid that can go in the oven, if possible. I recently did a review of these all-in-one pans, which I hope you find useful!
No! It cooks absolutely fine in the sauce and you don’t want to overcook it as they will become mushy. We want it cooked through but still solid.
Let me know how you got on and what you thought of these recipes. Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ below.
Also I’d LOVE to see your cooking creations. If you’d like to share yours with me, you can tag me on Instagram (@tamingtwins).
Chorizo Gnocchi Pan-Fry
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 200 g Chorizo ring Chopped
- 500 g Dried gnocchi
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Broccoli head Chopped
- 2 x 400 g Chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Salt and pepper
- 60 g Grated cheese
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or saucepan and add the chorizo chunks, fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the gnocchi, red onion, and broccoli. Stir over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, oregano, garlic powder, smoked paprika, honey and salt and pepper seasoning. Cook for a further 5-6 minutes, stirring.
- Serve with the grated cheese on each portion.