This post may contain affiliate links.
These easy These Peanut Butter Bars are super easy to make, are deliciously crunchy and are perfect if you’re looking for something to bake with the kids.
Get those little helpers on board for these easy traybake treats, which are sooo good and oh-so-simple. These Peanut Butter Bars with a Chocolate Crunch Topping are great for getting the kids involved with weighing out ingredients, cracking eggs and mixing everything together.
The chunky peanut butter gives the treats a lovely crunch and the chocolate on top tastes amazing with it. If you have a food processor, you can get that out for this recipe to make everything that bit easier.
You’ll love this recipe because:
✅ Crunchy and so delicious
✅ A little treat for everyone
✅ Great for baking with kids
FAQs about this Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
Do you bake this recipe?
Yes. I know there are no-bake traybake recipes out there, like my Malteser Rocky Road recipe, but this one involves popping in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
How do you make Peanut Butter Bars?
Start with the peanut butter and sugar, and cream together slowly, either by hand or in a processor. Then mix in the egg and the rest of the ingredients until you have a firm dough. Press the mixture into a greased traybake tin and put in the oven. To make the topping, melt the milk chocolate and white chocolate in different bowls, then top the bars with the milk chocolate and drizzle over the white chocolate for the full effect. Allow to cool and cut into pieces.
Fancy more treat recipes?
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this Peanut Butter Bars recipe. Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ by the recipe. Also, if you’d like to show me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations.
Peanut Butter Bars
- 250 g Crunchy peanut butter
- 175 g Soft light brown sugar
- 1 Egg, Large
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 150 g Plain flour
- 125 g Milk chocolate
- 75 g White chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cream the peanut butter and sugar together in a bowl (or a food processor if you're lazy like me!)
- Mix in the egg until totally combined.
- Add the ginger and the flour and mix well, it will be a very stiff, crumbly mixture. If using a food processor, add all the ingredients to the processor and and mix for a few seconds until you have a firm dough.
- Grease a 15x20cm rectangle tin.
- Press the dough into the tin and flatten using your hands or the back of a fork.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
- When cool, melt the milk chocolate on low in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- In a separate bowl, repeat with the white chocolate.
- Spread the milk chocolate over the traybake, then drizzle the white chocolate on top.
- Allow to set and then cut into pieces using a sharp knife and remove from the tin.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.