These Blondies with Peanut Butter and Nutella are totally and utterly delicious. A really simple bake, that looks SUPER impressive.
First published on June 3, 2014, updated on May 15, 2020.
Oh hello old friend! I first posted this Blondies recipe back in 2014 and you know what? I loved it then and it’s just as good now.
I know, this is big chat from someone who does a lot of baking, but I honestly think this is one of my favourites ever.
In need of some easy, simple, comfort food baking? Blondies with Peanut Butter and Nutella are your new BFF.
You’ll love this Blondie recipe because:
✅ So quick and easy to whip up.
✅ Looks super impressive.
✅ Peanut Butter = GOOD. Nutella = GOOD. Together? 😍
Tips for Making the Blondies with Peanut Butter and Nutella
- I used a very dark (70%) chocolate for the topping as I think the bitterness really cuts through the creamy, peanut sweetness. You could use a 40% ish if you don’t like it quite so dark, but please don’t use milk chocolate, it’ll all be a bit too gooey sweet.
- If you can, try to use a pan very close to the size I used (25cm x 25cm) they are just the right thickness in that tin. If you use a smaller tin, they’ll be deeper and may need a little extra cooking.
- One last thing, when you take these out of the oven, resist the temptation to eat them with a trail of warm Nutella dribbling down your chin (who, me?) Leave them to be totally cold before you cut them and they will keep their pattern and give a nice clean cut. The chocolate, Nutella topping cools to something like a truffle texture. (Oh, be still my heart.)
Watch me making the Blondies
Fancy some other Brownie type inspiration?
- Salted Caramel Brownies – What’s even better than a brownie? One topped with gooey caramel.
- 3 Ingredient Nutella Brownies – Yes, just THREE ingredients.
- Oreo Brownies with Raspberries – Fruit, so technically healthy right?
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this Blondie recipe. Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ by the recipe.
Also, if you’d like to show me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations.
How to make Peanut Butter Nutella Blondies:
Peanut Butter Nutella Blondies
- 125 g salted butter
- 150 g soft light brown sugar
- 100 g crunchy peanut butter
- 2 free range eggs
- 100 g plain flour
- 175 g Nutella
- 125 g very dark chocolate I used 70%
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Line a 25cm x 25cm tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and sugar together over a low heat.
- Once they are melted, remove from the heat and beat in the peanut butter.
- Leave to cool for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the Nutella and dark chocolate in another bowl and microwave for 20 seconds, take out and stir very well. If it's not melted together, pop back in for another 20 seconds and stir well again. Repeat if you need to, but be really careful not to burn the chocolate. You're trying to make a smooth paste consistency with no lumps.
- Go back to your butter, sugar and peanut butter mixture and beat in each egg, one by one.
- Stir in the flour.
- Put the batter in to the prepared tin and smooth out with a spatula.
- Now take your chocolate mixture and using a spoon, dollop (technical term) 4 or 5 lines of it horizontally along the length of the pan.
- Now use the edge of a knife to draw lines vertically through these lines, first top to bottom, then bottom to top, about 10cm apart. Taaa-daaa! Pretty pattern ahoy.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. A skewer should come out only just clean. You could test at 17 minutes and again at 20 minutes just in case.
- As always, remember that depending on your oven it could take up to 10 minutes longer, but please please try not to overcook them. Blondies are always better under-done than over.
Allison Lehky says
These look lovely. My friend has a gluten free diet. Would gound almonds work as a replacement for the flour? I
Sarah Barnes says
Hi Allison, I’m not sure about ground nuts, but am sure if would work with Dove’s Farm Gluten Free flour 🙂
Kim Jeffers says
Looked so good I just had to try them out pronto http://instagram.com/p/o38WHDtEGp/
Thanks for the great recipe
love the photots !!!
Kim Jeffers says
Thanks…I was trying to channel your photo tips! Ready for the next recipe to have a go
Julie's Family Kitchen says
These look delicious, you have a very lucky friend. Love the new blog look too.
Glamorous Glutton says
These look great, but I love the story and the turquoise socks more. Fab pics. GG
These sound absolutely amazing, I would love to try them but I will have to wait until Buba moves out of the house as he is deadly allergic to nuts! Boo as peanut butter is my absolute favorite. I am so sad these look so scrumptious!!! Or one to make at my bff and keep there for a treat! lol #whatsthestory
Popping over from #tastytuesdays just to have another drool over these yummy things. lol
I’m reading this at the wrong time of day, looks too yummy! #what’sthestory
Charly Dove says
What a wonderful post, so many great memories there too. Oh my word those blondies look to die for, bet they taste absolutely divine! Thank you so much for sharing with #whatsthestory
Karen bell says
They look so delicious, I really want to make some now! #WhatstheStory
Villa Pia says
This was a lovely and heartfelt post. Love how cooking conjures up so many memories! #tastytuesdays
Kirsty Hijacked By Twins says
As soon as I saw Peanut Butter and Nutella you had me! These look and sound just divine! I love both of the main ingredients and would love a piece right now! 🙂 xx #TastyTuesdays
Steph @MisplacedBrit says
These look …FANTASTIC!! A wonderful sweet treat for an evening spoil 🙂
I love a good blondie recipe, and these look amazing! #TastyTuesday
Becky | Spirited Puddle Jumper says
Good lord these look incredible! Big peanut butter lovers in our house, as well as baking- right, have added these on to the ‘do make’ list, along with Vicki’s Macarons! #tastytuesdays
Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk) says
It really does look nice! I wish I can do this. I bookmarked this page to go back to for when I need to do something LUSH! #WhatsTheStory
Hayley @hayleyfromhome says
I love this, what a lovely sentiment behind what looks to be the best cake EVER!! I have a friend like yours and we also say, I love you and pretty much everything else through cake. The photos of you both are brilliant, I would be rubbing my hands with glee if these were about to land on my doorstep! xx
Honest Mum says
Oh wow these look incredible thick, pretty chunks of loveliness, I adore each and every recipe of yours and the food styling and photography is always stunning. I really think you need to create a cookery book! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays
Sara (@mumturnedmom) says
These look amazing! Pinning for later 🙂
Rebecca U says
Oh my goodness these sound amazing! It’s like all my favourite things in one!
Oh god bab. Those look AMAZING!!!! When I grow up can I cook like you? Mainly puddings. You are such a clever lady. I have all my body crossed you storm it on Friday. That sounds rude but I don’t know why. See you at the station! Whoop whoop!!!! xxx
they look yummy!
Amazing recipe and easy too!
These are amazing!!! I added some extra white chocolate into the blondie mix and this was amazing. Never had anything like these and the recipe was perfect! Yum yum