These Chocolate Orange Brownies are so quick and easy to make. Terry’s Chocolate Orange in a dense, fudgy brownie. SO delicious!
I made these weeks ago as a bit of an experiment on my Instagram Stories and they 100% improved that rubbish day I was having.
I thought I’d share them here with you, because whose day cannot be improved by a Chocolate Orange Brownie?!
You’ll love this Chocolate Orange Brownie recipe because:
✅ Prepared in under 10 minutes.
✅ Classic Chocolate Orange flavour combo.
✅ Perfectly fudgy, rich brownies every time. 😍
Which tin do I use to bake brownies in?
I use a baking tin like this one.
Sometimes I split this mixture between two, and reduce the cooking time, for thinner brownies, but when putting chunks of Terry’s Chocolate Orange in in I think it works best as a deep brownie.
Which chocolate should I use for brownies?
I try to use my favourite Callebaut chocolate for this recipe.
This chocolate is just amazing, it melts so well and really makes a difference to any recipe.
When you buy it in bulk (1kg bags at a time) from Amazon it works out about the same price as supermarket chocolate. A good investment I think as it really does make SUCH a difference and is so easy to use.
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE ORANGE BROWNIES:
- Don’t overbake your brownies, cook until only just set.
- Be sure to let your Chocolate Orange Brownies cool down fully before cutting.
- If you keep the Chocolate Orange Brownies in an air tight tin they will stay fresh for five days. There is no need to refrigerate them.
- I’m often asked, can you freeze chocolate brownies? Yes! After cutting them into portions, when they are completely cool, wrap in baking paper and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature for a treat whenever you fancy.
- I use baking parchment or baking paper for almost all of my bakes and cakes. It means no sticking, ever. I buy it in bulk from Amazon so I never run out and it’s also heaps cheaper that way. Not to be confused with greaseproof paper, which needs to be oiled first.
Fancy some other brownie ideas?
- Nutella Brownies – By some magic, these have just 3 ingredients -WHAT?!
- Oreo Brownies with Raspberries – Add fruit = practically health food.
- Salted Caramel Brownies – Smothered in caramel OMG 😍
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this Chocolate Orange Brownies recipe. Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ by the recipe.
Also, if you’d like to show me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations.
Chocolate Orange Brownies
- 250 g Butter See Note 1
- 200 g 70% Dark chocolate See Note 2
- 100 g Milk chocolate See Note 2
- 300 g Soft light brown sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 175 g Plain flour
- Zest of an Orange See Note 3
- 2 Terry's Chocolate Oranges See Note 4
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper (I used a 25x25cm tin).
- In a saucepan on a very low heat, melt the butter.
- When it's starting to melt, add in the dark chocolate and milk chocolate and the sugar and stir until it's all melted together.
- Once they are melted remove from the heat and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Beat in each egg, one by one.
- Stir in the flour.
- Chop 1 and a half of the Terry's Chocolate Oranges into large chunks and stir into the brownie batter.
- Pour into your baking tin and top with the remaining Chocolate Orange segments.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the edges are just solid but the middle still has a little wobble. Don't overbake them!
- Ovens do vary so don't be alarmed if you recipe takes that little bit longer. Brownies are better under-done than over.
- Allow to cool COMPLETELY before cutting up (if you can bare it!)
Nic | Nic's Adventures & Bakes says
Thanks for sharing 🙂 These look yummy and easy to follow recipe 🙂
Nic | Nic’s Adventures & Bakes
Jenna Moore says
Real winner 👌
Best brownies ever! My mum who isn’t a brownie lover (weirdo) loves these!
Sarah Barnes says
Ahh thanks for the lovely comment Laura, so pleased she likes them! 🙂
Sonia Palmer says
Hey just doing them now in the oven, i will send you a picture when come out,love your name Taming Twins i have Twin Girls they are 14 now and one of them loves chocolate orange the other one loves raspberry and rhubarb crumble busy baking day for me love it though😘xx
Life changing brownies, didn’t last 24 hours in our house! Thank you so much for the recipe
Can you use gluten free flour instead?
Sarah Barnes says
Just made with my 2 year old, easy to follow and very tasty. Thank you
The only bad thing about these brownies is that they are so good I can’t stop eating them!!! Absolutely delicious and a doddle to make! Thanks Sarah!
I haven’t made your brownies yet but looking at the picture, they are THE BEST! My mum is a sucker for chocolate brownies and I’m making them for Christmas! I can’t wait as they look delicious. I’ll tell you what I think when I’ve eaten them! Can’t wait.
Thank you for sharing this AWESOME recipe! Made them y/day & WOW….so chocolatey & moist yet not too sweet. Yummy!
Made these tonight to take to work in the morning, great foolproof recipe