These crunchy Parmentier Potatoes and so easy to make. Baked until golden and drenched in garlic and herbs.
Crunchy, crispy, and smothered with fresh herbs and garlic.
This potato dish is normally made by carefully parboiling potatoes and then cooking again in oil. As I am ALWAYS looking for a shortcut, I make these without boiling the potatoes.
They perhaps look a little more ‘rugged’ than some versions but what they lack in finesse they make up for in ease and taste.
Hope you love them as much as we do!
These Parmentier Potatoes are a winner and here’s why:
- So easy to make, no special equipment needed.
- Perfect side dish for so many dishes.
- Makes your regular potatoes feel fancy ✨
FAQs about Parmentier Potatoes
Which potatoes should I use for this recipe?
Maris Piper or King Edward both work well. Any potato that says on the bag that it’s suitable for roasting.
Do I really not need to parboil the potatoes?
Nope! You can and they will be a neater shape and more uniform colour (depending on your oven) but honestly, I’m such a fan of cutting out any unnecessary steps.
They still taste totally delicious.
Can I use dried herbs for this?
I like to use fresh herbs here as they give SO much flavour, I think it’s worth taking the time to buy and chop them if you can.
If you only have dried herbs, use a TEASPOON of each instead of a TABLESPOON of fresh.
Which oil should I use for this recipe?
Fancy some more easy side dish recipes?
Hope you enjoy this recipe. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this recipe. Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ below!
Also, if you fancy showing me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations and try and share as many of them as I can.
Crunchy Parmentier Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs
- 2 tbsp Olive oil See Note 1.
- 1 kg Potatoes
- 3 Cloves Garlic Peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary Finely chopped. See Note 2.
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme Finely chopped. See Note 2.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Switch the oven on to 200C and put the baking sheet with the oil on into the oven.
- Peel and cut your potatoes into cubes. Dry the cubes of potato.
- When the oven has reached temperature, bring out the tray of hot oil and carefully put in the potato cubes and cover in the oil.
- Return to the oven for 40 minutes. Shuffle the potatoes around a couple of times during this cooking time.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, thyme and salt and pepper to the potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.