This Hummus Platter is the perfect snack plate. Great for kids playdates, after school snacks or for an easy lunch. Load it up and dip away!
Can we all embrace, that my new favourite food ‘thing’ is plucking pretty, colourful shizz and popping them onto a tray until they look so appetising that I could nearly burst with excitement?
All on board with me? GOOD STUFF!
After my Popcorn Movie Snack Platter, please welcome this Hummus Platter.
✅ No cook, super quick, summery kids dinner.
✅ Also great for a grown ups get together with a glass of wine.
✅ So easy but looks SO impressive!
What I used in the Hummus Platter:
Hummus – I used two different types, plus added a drizzle of oil and some cumin seeds/pepper to ‘perk’ them up a little.
Vegetables – I used cucumber, carrot sticks, peppers, tomatoes. You could try broccoli, cauliflower, or any other veggies too.
Carbs – I used breadsticks, pitta bread fingers, crisps and rice cakes. You could also try toast fingers, cheese straws or anything else that’s ‘dippable’.
HOW TO MAKE A HUMMUS SNACKS PLATTER:
- I used a 40cm x 30cm tray for this snack board.
- You can use any large platter or board, or even just a selection of plates.
- Make your snack board as BIG or small as you like depending on how many people you are feeding.
- Choose a selection of different colours/shapes/textures of vegetables and snacks, this really adds to the overall look.
- Pop some of your items/dips in bowls/dishes first and add smaller items around them.
- I like to put each item in 3 or 4 different spots on the board, so everyone can reach some of everything.
- Like a traditional cheese board or charcuterie platter, there are no hard and fast rules of what to include, I just kept the contents of this board the sort of things we’d dip into hummus.
Which tray do you use to make your snack boards?
I use this platter for my snack boards. But any large tray or board, or even a big plate would do.
FANCY SOME MORE KIDS FOOD IDEAS?
- Tuna Salad with Pasta (easy 15 minute meal)
- Easy Banana Cake (great for cooking with kids)
- Savoury Muffins (yummy picnic or easy lunch food)
- Oatmeal Cookies (easy and filling treat)
Hope you enjoy this recipe. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this recipe.
Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ below!
Also, if you fancy showing me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations and try and share as many of them as I can.
How to make the Hummus Platter:
- Regular hummus Or whichever type you prefer
- Roasted red pepper hummus Or whichever type you prefer
- Carrot sticks
- Cucumber sticks
- Sugar snap peas or mangetout
- Peppers Deseeded and cut into strips
- Cherry tomatoes I used them in different colours for added interest
- Pitta breads Sliced into fingers
- Mini rice cakes
Arrange all of your dips and snacks on a large platter or tray. If you don't have one large enough, just use a variety of bowls and plates.
This list is just a guide, use whatever ingredients your family enjoy!
Nutrition - Nutritional values are based on what I used on this platter. Of course they will vary depending on what you use and which brands etc.