This Popcorn Movie Platter is the perfect board of snacks and treats whilst watching a movie. For kids and grown ups!
The summer school holidays are nearly here and dear friends, this year, I am all about minimum effort = max output.
After 3 or 4 years of being a school Mum, I’m finally working out that the stuff that the children LOVE and gives them the most fun, isn’t necessarily the things I’ve put mega effort into.
Of the elaborately planned days out and holidays, often it’s the simple things they love the most and really remember.
At the end of term, I’ve always made a table of treats to celebrate, and honestly, THEY LOSE THEIR MIND OVER IT.
So, here’s part of my foodie plan for the summer, for days at home and play dates – platters of lunches or treats. Here’s why I love them:
✅ SO easy to put together but look SO impressive.
✅ A board of snacks makes watching a movie at home feel like a big event.
✅ They feel like a total treat, but are probably a little healthier than fast food.
What is a ‘snack board’ anyway?
A snack board or a snack platter, is something like a traditional cheese board or charcuterie platter, but changing up the contents.
The idea is a fun way to share food, that also, hurrah, looks really visually appealing as it’s full of colour and variety.
They are also much easier to achieve that they look, which in my book, is always a win.
A snack board is a brilliant, simple way of feeding a crowd, either for snacks as a meal. It’s low maintenance and everyone can choose and help themselves to exactly what they fancy.
How to make a Popcorn Movie Snacks Treat Platter:
- I used a 40cm x 30cm tray for this snack board.
- You can use any large platter or board, or even just a selection of plates.
- Make your snack board as BIG or small as you like depending on how many people you are feeding.
- Choose a selection of different colours/shapes/textures of fruit and snacks, this really adds to the overall look.
- Pop some of your items in bowls/dishes first and add smaller items around them.
- I like to put each item in 3 or 4 different spots on the board, so everyone can reach some of everything.
- There are no hard and fast rules of what to include, I just kept the contents of this board the sort of things we’d ‘snack’ on during watching a film.
- I try to include some sweet and salty treats in this selection, plus fruit to balance it out.
- As this will probably be eaten near the sofa, I provided plates to avoid squished strawberries on the sofa!!
Fancy some more kids food ideas?
- Tuna Salad with Pasta (easy 15 minute meal)
- Easy Banana Cake (great for cooking with kids)
- Savoury Muffins (yummy picnic or easy lunch food)
- Oatmeal Cookies (easy and filling treat)
Hope you enjoy this recipe. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this recipe.
Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ below!
Also, if you fancy showing me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations and try and share as many of them as I can.
Popcorn Movie Snack Platter Board
- Salted popcorn
- Small crackers
- Yoghurt coated rice cakes
- Malt loaf
- Sweet popcorn
- Dried banana chips
- Dried fruit strips
- Gummy sweets
- Yoghurt covered raisins
- Some colourful chocolates
- Arrange all of your snacks on a large platter or tray. If you don't have one large enough, just use a variety of bowls and plates.
- This list is just a guide, use whatever ingredients your family enjoy!
Denise Lindsay says
Wow this looks amazing! Can I come to yours for movie night?! This is something I will need to make sometime. Thanks for sharing 😊