Baileys Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate – The perfect, most creamy and delicious crock pot hot chocolate you can imagine. Ideal for Christmas and winter days.
I’m going to commit a festive sin and admit to you that I’m not a big fan of Baileys Irish cream Liqueur. I know. How can a Christmas lover like myself possibly admit such a thing?
But then one cold winter night.. Anna and I went shopping and came home and needed warming up and after the deliciousness of my No Bake Baileys Cheesecake, this just somehow happened!
I made it in a saucepan on the hob that night but since have tailored the recipe to make it in a slow cooker (crock pot). I think it would be the perfect thing to leave at home on low, ready for the grown ups when you come in from a cold and frosty walk. Or leave out the Baileys and serve to the whole family.
What’s your favourite Christmas drink?
Tips for making the Baileys Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate:
- You could make this by gently warming on the hob instead of in the slow cooker. I just bought a new slow cooker and I am IN LOVE with it! I’ve never been a big slow cooker fan but this has made a big difference. So light and easy, really affordable too and the pan can be used on the hob as well as in the slow cooker, hurrah! Available from Amazon: Morphy Richards Sear and Stew Slow Cooker.
- If you can, using good quality cocoa will make a big difference to the end product I use this one, available from Amazon: Organic Fairtrade Cocoa Powder.
- The same goes for the chocolate, I use this one, it is amazing and make such a difference to all of my finished makes and bakes. If you buy in bulk (1 kilo) it works out about the same price as supermarket chocolate too, win! From Amazon: Callebaut 54% Dark Chocolate Chips.
- Just leave out the Baileys Irish cream if you’re serving to children.
- You could mix and match and try other liqueurs too, how about Frangelico for hazelnut hot chocolate?
Watch how to make the Baileys Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate (35 SECOND video):
What I used to make the Baileys Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate recipe:
Pin the Baileys Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate recipe for later:
How to make the Baileys Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate recipe:
Baileys Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
Baileys Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate - The perfect, most creamy and delicious crock pot hot chocolate you can imagine. Ideal for Christmas and winter days.
- 1 litre Whole Milk
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 397 g Condensed Milk
- 30 g Cocoa Powder
- 200 ml Baileys Irish cream Liqueur
- 150 g Dark Chocolate Chips or chopped
- Whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate sauce To serve
Pour everything into your slow cooker (crock pot) and cook on low for at least one hour or until you want to serve.
Serve with whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate sauce.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.