This easy Panettone Bread and Butter Pudding with added Baileys is the ultimate Christmas dessert. Festive, fruity and delicious. What’s not to love?!
It’s almost December so we are well and truly GO GO GO with Christmas foods – RIGHT?
I LOVE any make ahead dishes, for Christmas Day and around the festive season in general.
We are all short on time and often oven space so any dishes that are simple, delicious AND can be made ahead are a win for me.
You’ll love this Panettone Bread and Butter Pudding because:
✅ The taste of Christmas in a cosy pud!
✅ Easy to prep in advance for Christmas Day.
✅ Perfect alternative to traditional Christmas pudding.
I wanted to make a festive twist on a great British favourite the Bread and Butter pudding.
I knew Panettone would be the perfect swap for the traditional white bread used in this recipe. Panettone is an Italian sweet bread containing sultanas, citrus peel, crunchy hazelnut frosting and sugar strands.
I hope you like the recipe, it makes a fab alternative for those people not keen on traditional Christmas pudding.
Top tips for making the Panettone Bread and Butter Pudding:
- Do try to allow time for the pudding to soak before baking, it allows the liquid to sink into every bit of the pud.
- Try to use panettone that is slightly stale or leave yours to dry out a little (this stops the pudding from being mushy).
- Be sure to cook this recipe LOW AND SLOW. The oven needs to be pretty cool to keep the dessert soft and ‘wobbly’. If in doubt, or you think your oven may be on the hot side, turn it down lower than 170C and cook for a little longer.
- Serve with ice cream, cream or custard.
Fancy some other Christmas dessert inspiration?
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this Panettone Bread and Butter Pudding recipe. Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ by the recipe.
Also, if you’d like to show me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations.
Panettone Bread and Butter Pudding with Baileys
- 20 g Unsalted butter
- 350 g Panettone See note 1.
- 200 ml Double cream
- 250 ml Semi skimmed milk
- 3 Eggs
- 100 ml Baileys liqueur
- 50 g Caster sugar
- 50 g Chocolate chips See note 2.
- Pre-heat oven to 170C.
- Butter the base of a shallow casserole dish/baking dish with the butter.
- Chop the panettone into small cubes (about 3cm). Put into a buttered baking dish.
- Mix the cream, milk, eggs, liqueur and sugar together and pour over the panettone. Sprinkle over the chocolate chips. Allow to soak in well for about 30 minutes. (See note 3.)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 - 40 minutes until the egg mixture is just set and the top is golden and crispy.