This SIMPLE No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Recipe is a must make. A no bake dessert, it’s quick AND delicious. Cream cheese and cream whipped with Crushed Oreos, on a buttery Oreo biscuit cookie base. Add some chocolate topping and it looks as impressive as it tastes. Ssshhh, don’t tell anyone it’s secretly super easy to make!
I made this No Bake Oreo Cheesecake recipe without much of a plan really, to take to a friend’s party.
It appeared in my Instagram Stories that day and SO many people asked for the recipe. I selflessly made it again to photograph it for you (and eat it – it’s a hard job!).
This recipe is based on this really simple No Bake Cheesecake recipe of mine (which has proved very popular – 2 million views and counting!)
Hope you like this Oreo Cheesecake recipe, it’s a real show stopper to impress a crowd with. But sshhh, don’t tell anyone – it’s actually really easy to make.
How do you make an Oreo Cheesecake?
Make a simple biscuit base with crushed Oreos and then top with deliciously light and creamy filling. Whipped double cream, icing sugar and cream cheese with more crushed Oreos.
When the cheesecake is set, top with melted dark chocolate, more cream and Oreos. So easy and delicious.
How do you make an Oreo crust?
A buttery Oreo crust is made with crushed up Oreo cookies mixed with melted butter.
I like to crush my Oreos in a food processor as it’s so quick and saves lots of mess. If you don’t have one, just pop them into a strong plastic bag and bash well with a rolling pin.
How long do you need to chill a No Bake Oreo Cheesecake for?
A No Bake Cheesecake needs to be chilled in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or ideally overnight.
If you’re in a push you can pop it into the freezer for 2 hours, and then allow 20 – 30 minutes to come to room temperature before serving. This is fine, but the consistency is a little less predictable than when chilled slowly.
What is the best tin to use to make a No Bake Oreo Cheesecake in?
This recipe is for a 7″ tin which is also DEEP (not a standard sandwich cake tin, it will overflow.)
You can use smaller or larger tin or a different shape, but your cheesecake will obviously be taller or shorter.
I would DEFINITELY recommend this tin though as it is a great size and very easy to use.
How many calories are in a slice of No Bake Oreo Cheesecake?
There are about 600 calories in this No Bake Oreo Cheesecake per slice.
Obviously not health food, but I like to think that homemade treats, without mountains of chemicals, enjoyed in moderation as an occasional treat, are better than mass produced desserts.
Is No Bake Oreo Cheesecake vegetarian?
Yes! This recipe for No Bake Oreo Cheesecake does not use gelatine to set it, just firmly whipped double cream and plenty of chilling in the fridge time, meaning that it is suitable for vegetarians.
Tips for making this No Bake Oreo Cheesecake recipe:
- The consistency of this no bake cheesecake should be sliceable but not solid. Something like room temperature butter, it will give a little quiver if you wobble it gently.
- When whipping the double cream, be sure to watch it very carefully. It should be just forming soft floppy peaks, but still hold it’s shape. Too runny and the no bake cheesecake will be sloppy, too stiff and it will be too dense.
- This recipe uses plenty of lemon juice to balance out the sweetness of the Oreo cookies. Please add a little at first and test the mixture and adjust to your own taste.
- An angled palette knife is a really inexpensive piece of kit but it makes SUCH a difference when smoothing things like this out! You can buy them on Amazon here: Angled Palette Knife
- Do sift the icing sugar, it will give a much smoother texture to the cheesecake. Don’t ignore this as I normally do!
- I would stick to Philadelphia cream cheese for this (and full fat) it seems more stable than supermarket own brands.
- Warm a sharp, thin knife under a hot tap and then dry it. Use this to run around the outside of the no bake cheesecake, inside the tin, before removing. Remove the knife and wipe it as you work your way around the cake.
- The recipe is for a 7″ tin which is also DEEP (not a standard sandwich cake tin, it will overflow! See the link below for the type of tin I use). You can use smaller or larger but your cheesecake will obviously be taller or shorter. I would DEFINITELY recommend this tin though as it is a great size and very easy to use.
- Oreo Cheesecake too runny and won’t set? It’s probably because your cream wasn’t whipped quite enough. No problem, pop it into the freezer for a few hours before serving.
Love Cheesecakes…? Check these out:
- No Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake
- No Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake
- No Bake Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
- No Bake Mini Egg Cheesecake
- ULTIMATE No Bake Nutella Cheesecake Recipe
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this Simple No Bake Oreo Cheesecake recipe. Please rate the recipe and leave me a comment below if you do.
Also, if you fancy showing me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations.
Looking for other Oreo bakes..? How about my Easy Oreo Cake recipe?!
How to make the Simple No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Recipe:
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
This SIMPLE No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Recipe is a must make. A no bake dessert, it's quick AND delicious. Cream cheese and cream whipped with Crushed Oreos, on a buttery Oreo biscuit cookie base. Add some chocolate topping and it looks as impressive as it tastes. Ssshhh, don't tell anyone it's secretly super easy to make!
For the base:
- 75 g Butter Unsalted, melted
- 150 g Oreos Crushed
For the cheesecake filling:
- 450 ml Double cream
- 560 g Full fat cream cheese
- 75 g Icing sugar
- 2 Lemon, juice only Please see recipe tips section above
- 250 g Oreos Crushed very finely
For the decoration:
- 150 g Dark chocolate Melted and cooled
- 150 ml Double cream
- 75 g Mini Oreos You may need more or less depending on how many swirls you pipe!
Combine the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and press into a tin. Chill in the fridge.
Meanwhile beat 450ml of the double cream until stiff and mix with the icing sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice and finely crushed Oreos.
Remove the base from the fridge and add the cheesecake mixture, smoothing the top.
Pop into the fridge for 4 hours (or overnight if it makes if you don't need it until the next day).
Bring out of the fridge, remove from the tin (see tips above), drizzle over melted chocolate, pipe remaining whipped cream and decorate with Mini Oreos.