Double Chocolate Microwave Brownies – A fudgy, gooey chocolate brownies recipe. Delicious chocolate cakes made in the microwave in a flash complete with chocolate chunks and white chocolate topping. The perfect chocolate cake, these are the real deal. Based on the fantastic Nigella brownie recipe.
This post was sponsored by Panasonic. They asked me to come up with a recipe, using one of their nifty new microwave ovens. Thanks, as always, for your support.
Microwave Brownies are a thing and they ARE SO GOOD. They can be yours in under 30 minutes… Fudgy, gooey chocolate brownies microwaved in a flash. Who knew?
A few months ago Panasonic got in touch with me and asked if they could send me one of their microwaves to try out. Honestly? I wasn’t entirely sure what thing thing would do for us that an oven didn’t.
The model I have is a microwave, grill and convection oven combined. You can be microwaving ‘baked’ potatoes whilst crisping the outside or cooking sausages in half the time as the microwave zaps them and the oven bakes the outside. OR making Microwave Brownies quick smart!
Panasonic just asked me to share a recipe. They didn’t ask me to confess my new found microwave love to the world. But really? I feel the need to as it is actually quite life changing. You can find the model I have here on Amazon, disclosure, it’s not cheap but look at those 5 star reviews. It’s not just me that loves it it turns out.
Of course, I’m not saying you should go and spend a pile of cash on a new sparkly microwave just because I made THE BEST BROWNIES EVER in it, but, maybe, next time you upgrade, remember that there’s more to a microwave than just warming up cold cups of tea.
How do you cook brownies in the microwave?
These gooey brownies are so simple to make in the microwave. Just melt your chocolate, butter and sugar together, then whisk in eggs and flour, pour into a dish and cook.
They are honestly, as good, if not better than oven baked brownies.
How do you make a chocolate brownie?
Start by melting your chocolate, butter and sugar together and mixing your flour and eggs, all in the same pan. This recipe is based on a much loved Nigella brownie recipe, with numerous tweaks (not least of all cooking them in the microwave!).
I love the Nigella brownie method as it’s such an easy way to make gooey chocolate brownies.
How do I make my brownies moist?
One of the key aspects to brownies is not over cooking them. This is what gives them the gooey brownie texture, so different to regular chocolate cake. Using a microwave means that this is much less likely to happen.
Remember: These Microwave Brownies will carry on cooking when they come out of the microwave. They will look a bit wet on top still, this is fine.
What I used to make the Double Chocolate Microwave Brownies:
Tips for making the Double Chocolate Microwave Brownies:
- When melting the chocolate in the microwave, be really gentle and take your time to stir well. This really helps in the melting process. Short bursts are the only way to melt chocolate without burning. Once you get the knack though? It’s so easy.
- Do make sure to let them rest after cooking, this is part of the cooking time.
- Use baking paper to line your dish (no metal dishes of course!). It you have no baking paper, you can grease the dish very well with butter but baking paper works best.
- Try to use the best quality chocolate you can, it makes a huge difference to the finished product. This is the brand I love and always use, available on Amazon: Callebaut. It’s the ‘callets’ that are best. They are little chocolate drops, designed for melting and cooking. They are so easy to use and when you buy in bulk, although an initial investment, they actually work out cheaper gram for gram than some supermarket chocolates.
- I used a Le Creuset dish that is 26cm x 16cm, try to use something about that size or square equivalent to get brownies of the same thickness.
- If you have time, freezing your chocolate chunks before using (the ones going into the brownies whole) is a good trick as it helps them to keep their shape.
Fancy some other easy brownie recipes? Why not try my..
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make the Microwave Brownies recipe. Please rate the recipe and leave me a comment below if you do.
Also, if you fancy showing me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations.
How to make the Double Chocolate Microwave Brownies Recipe:
Double Chocolate Microwave Brownies
- 100 g Dark chocolate
- 125 g Butter
- 150 g Soft light brown sugar
- 100 g Self raising flour
- 2 Eggs
- 200 g Chocolate chunks I like a mixture of white chocolate and dark chocolate
- 50 g White chocolate
- 50 g Dark chocolate
- Break up the chocolate into chunks and put into a large microwaveable bowl.
- Add the butter and sugar and microwave until melted together. On MEDIUM microwave heat this will take 3 - 4 minutes, depending on your microwave. It's important to stop every 30 seconds to stir.
- Whisk in the flour and then the eggs, followed by the chocolate chunks.
- Pour into a greased microwave proof dish.
- Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- While the brownies are cooling, melt the white chocolate in the microwave. On MEDIUM microwave heat this will take 3 - 4 minutes, depending on your microwave. It's important to stop every 30 seconds to stir.
- When melted, drizzle over your brownies.
- When they have been standing for at least 15 minutes, cut into chunks and serve.