These vegetarian Halloumi Burgers are so easy to make. Crunchy on the outside, gooey, melty goodness in the middle. Served in a brioche bun with sweet chilli mayo sauce, packed with fried cheese and avocado – a quick and delicious dinner.
Whether you’re a burger fan or not, this new 15 minute meal idea is just standing here, looking BEAUTIFUL and waiting to knock. Your. Flipping. Socks. Off.
Crispy on the outside, gooey in the middle, crunchy slices of fried Greek cheese, avocado, tomato, red onion and a quick sweet chilli mayo, all encased in a soft brioche bun.
I give you, the Easy Peasy Halloumi Burger.
Who’s with me?!
✅ So easy, no preparation or planning needed.
✅ Ready in less than 15 minutes.
✅ Vegetarian and packed with SQUEAKY CHEEEEEESE!
What I use to make the Halloumi Burgers:
Halloumi – Because I am always in the market for more cheese, I use one block of cheese per two people as it’s an easy way to cut across the block and get two ‘burgers’.
If you can find sliced halloumi, you can use this too. If your blocks are slightly smaller it doesn’t matter. If you want to serve smaller portions, you can use one block for four people, but you’ll need to cut smaller burgers obviously.
Olive Oil – Use regular olive oil for frying, not extra virgin. It would burn and is also a waste of money for frying!
Flour – Use plain flour for this recipe.
Salad – Use whatever your family favourite burger toppings are.
Burger buns – I use brioche buns, but again, you can use whichever type of bun that you prefer.
Mayonnaise – I use a good quality shop bought mayonnaise.
Sweet chilli sauce – You could substitute with chilli flakes and a tsp of honey if you don’t have any sweet chilli sauce.
How to make the Halloumi Burgers:
Cut the halloumi as explained above and dip into flour, mixed with spice. Cover all sides.
Fry off in a hot pain with your olive oil.
Top Tip: As you fry the halloumi, try not to push it about the pan too much and leave it for 5 minutes before you flip it. This helps it to make a crunchy ‘crust’ and not stick to the pan.
Prep your sweet chilli mayo by mixing the ingredients in a small dish.
When the halloumi is cooked, you can drain any excess oil off on kitchen paper if you like.
Stack up your burgers and GO!
Fancy some other easy cheese recipes?
- Grilled Halloumi Cheese Bake – One of the most popular recipes on my blog at the moment. You guys LOVE this!
- Paneer Tikka – Spicy cheese skewers, curry in a hurry.
- Baked Gnocchi with Mozzarella – Comfort food in a blog, quick!
- Palak Paneer – One of my most favourite curries of all time.
Hope you enjoy this recipe. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this.
Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ below!
Also, if you fancy showing me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations and try and share as many of them as I can.
Halloumi Burger with Sweet Chilli Mayo
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 500 g Halloumi Usually 2 blocks
- 50 g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Sweet Chilli Mayo
- 100 g Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce Add more if you'd like more spice
- 1 Lime Juice only, optional
- 4 Brioche buns
- 1 Avocado Peeled and slices
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Red onion Peeled and sliced
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Cut each halloumi block in half along the centre so you end up with a square burger shape.
- Mix the flour, paprika, salt and pepper on a plate and dip each piece of halloumi in, coating both sides.
- Pop into the hot oil in the frying pan and cook for about 5 minutes on each side until crisp and golden. (Try not to move them too much or they will lose their crispy coating.)
To make the Sweet Chilli Mayo
- Mix the mayonaise with the lime juice and sweet chilli sauce.
To serve the Halloumi Burgers
- Stack the burgers in the brioche buns with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, onions, cress, the burgers and the mayo.