You need this Easy Chicken Curry Recipe in your life! This healthy curry recipe is healthy, fresh and super tasty. Simple to make, freezes well and all of the family will love it.
One of my favourite ways of sticking to healthier options is to create versions of my favourite foods that are just a little lighter.
This Easy Chicken Curry recipe is one of those. It’s also a brilliant batch cook to stock up your freeze and save on takeaways.
You’ll love this Easy Chicken Curry recipe because:
✅ Simple, with a few tweaks to level up.
✅ Perfect for simple batch cooking.
✅ Easily adaptable.
FAQs about this Easy Chicken Curry
Can you freeze Chicken Curry?
Yes! This freezes so well. I often make a double batch, pack it up into containers like this (Glass Containers on Amazon).
What vegetables can you add to this curry recipe?
I often add spinach, chickpeas, mushrooms or cauliflower. All of these work really well and make this a more complete meal.
I love to serve this with my super simple 3 ingredient flatbreads.
Tips for making the Easy Chicken Curry recipe:
- Don’t worry if you don’t have time to marinade the chicken, but if you do? It makes a big difference and really improves the flavour.
- You can mix and match and try different curry pastes if you prefer. This basic method works well for lots of different flavours like Jalfrezi, or Rogan Josh.
Fancy some more family friendly curry recipes?
Hope you enjoy this recipe. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this recipe. Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ below!
Also, if you fancy showing me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations and try and share as many of them as I can.
This post was originally published on April 09, 2015 and updated with new photos, tips and video on March 017, 2021.
Easy Chicken Curry
- 1 kg Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200 g Tikka Masala curry paste
- 300 g Natural low fat yoghurt
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Large onion finely chopped
- 800 g Can of premium chopped tomatoes 2 x 400g tins
- 150 ml Water
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 4 Tsp Lemon juice
- In a large bowl mix the chicken, curry paste and the yoghurt. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinade over night or for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in your saucepan over a medium heat for 2 minutes, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes. Try not to stir too much. Let it sit still and get crispy edges.
- Add the tomatoes, water, honey and lemon uice and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice.