You need this Easy Chicken Curry Recipe in your life! This healthy curry recipe is low calorie, fresh and super tasty. This delicious low fat Chicken Tikka Masala is medium spiced. Simple to make, freezes well and all of the family will love it.
It’s been weeks of over indulgence and ALL THE CAKE here. I’ve loved every moment but now I am well and truly back on the wagon to eat healthily again.
One of my favourite ways of sticking to healthier options is to create versions of my favourite foods that are just a little lighter. This Easy Chicken Curry recipe is one of those.
Tips for making the Easy Chicken Curry recipe:
- Don’t worry if you don’t have time to marinade the chicken, but if you do? It makes a big difference and really improves the flavour.
- You can mix and match and try different curry pastes if you prefer. This basic method works well for lots of different flavours like Jalfrezi, or Rogan Josh.
- This Easy Chicken Curry recipe is easily adapted to make is a Slimming World Chicken Tikka Masala. Just replace the curry paste with curry powder, whichever you fancy. Use ‘syn free’ yoghurt and count the ‘syns’ for the oil and sugar (these will be very low shared between the portions though!)
Can you freeze Chicken Curry?
Yes! This freezes so well. I often make a double batch, pack it up into containers like this (Takeaway Containers on Amazon, about £8 for 50.)
What vegetables can you add to this curry recipe?
I often add spinach, chickpeas, mushrooms or cauliflower. All of these work really well and make this a more complete meal.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this Easy Chicken Curry recipe. Please rate the recipe and leave me a comment below if you do.
Also, if you fancy showing me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations.
Easy Chicken Curry
A delicious low fat Chicken Tikka Masala recipe, the healthy curry recipe you need in your life. Low calorie, fresh and super tasty.
- 500 g Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2cm pieces
- 100 g Tikka Masala curry paste
- 300 g Natural low fat yoghurt
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Large onion finely chopped
- 390 g Can of premium chopped tomatoes
- 150 ml Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon sugar
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Bunch coriander leaves chopped
- In a large bowl mix the chicken, curry paste and half of the yoghurt. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinade over night or for at least 2 hours.
Heat the oil in your saucepan over a medium heat for 2 minutes, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes. Try not to stir too much. Let it sit still and get crispy edges.
- Add the tomatoes and water and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining half of the yoghurt, sugar and lemon juice. Stir well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice, sprinkled with the coriander.