This post may contain affiliate links.
The easiest way to decorate Christmas Cupcakes – simple green icing Christmas trees! Easy and fun for kids.
It’s not even December and there’s all ready plenty of – “careful, Father Christmas is watching you!” going on here.
Not to mention the count down to start advent calendars. Please tell me it’s not just this house that’s already feeling festive?!
Tips on how to make Christmas Cupcakes:
- Only ever use Gel Food Colour to colour the icing. Liquid food colour will make it too thin and won’t get the correct depth of colour. I used a mixture of holly green and party green gel food colouring, my This is the gel food colour I used to colour the chocolate: Sugarflair Paste Colour – Party Green.
- These are the guitar cupcake toppers I used: Guitar Cupcake Toppers on Amazon.
- To pipe the Christmas tree shape with the icing I used a 1M shape nozzle, also available on Amazon.
Fancy some other festive treats…?
Hope you enjoy this recipe. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this.
Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ below!
Also, if you fancy showing me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations and try and share as many of them as I can.
How to make the Easy Christmas Cupcakes:
Easy Christmas Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 150 g Caster Sugar
- 150 g Unsalted Butter
- 3 Medium Eggs, Free Range
- 150 g Self Raising Flour
For the icing:
- 250 g Unsalted butter
- 500 g Icing Sugar
- Green Gel Food Colouring, See notes
- Preheat oven to 180deg fan (200deg non fan).
- Put 12 cupcakes cases into your tin ready.
- Cream your room temperature butter with your sugar until its pale, light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing really well after each egg. Don't worry if it curdles slightly, it will come good.
- Mix in your flour, if you are using a mixer you should do this by hand as it helps to keep the cakes moist.
- Spoon equal amounts of mixture into your cupcake cases. I use an ice cream scoop as this gives the perfect amount and ensures some uniformity.
- Bake for 15 minutes approx. You may need to adjust this depending on your oven. The cakes should be golden and slightly bouncy to the touch.
- Meanwhile make your icing.
- To make your icing beat your butter until its, pale, light and fluffy.
- Beat in your sieved icing sugar.
- Take your cupcakes out of the oven, when they are cooled pipe your Christmas trees.
- Sprinkle over Christmas themed sprinkles.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.