Christmas Canapes – Perfect for a festive snack, starter or a Christmas party.
I’m not sure why, but Brie and Cranberry just shouts CHRISTMAS to me. How about you?!
Add that pairing onto a bed of perfect puff pastry and you’ve got the best ever, super simple Christmas Canapes recipe.
These are fab to serve before your Christmas lunch as a starter, whilst opening presents or with a glass of mulled wine.
✅ Ready in just 30 minutes.
✅ Hardly any prep or needed.
✅ A great way to use up that leftover turkey.
Tips on making these Christmas Canapes:
- If you are time rich then you can make your own puff pastry, but for me, ready made puff pastry is the answer! I like to use fresh puff pastry (from the chiller aisle) but you could also use frozen puff pastry, make sure it is fully defrosted before you use.
- Remove your puff pastry from the fridge around 30 minutes before you intend to use for best results.
- Serve them warm, oozing gooey brie is just the very best.
Other toppings you could add to your Christmas Canapes before baking:
- Pecan nuts
- Crispy bacon bits (fry them off before sprinkling on top)
- Pine nuts
- Chorizo chunks (fry until crispy before sprinkling on top)
- A drizzle of honey after cooking
- Leftover cooked turkey chunks
- Chunks of leftover cooked stuffing
- Replace the Brie and Cranberry with Stilton and Chutney
- Add chopped up leftover Pigs in Blanket
- Leftover chunks of Christmas ham
Fancy some other Christmas recipes…? Check out these:
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this Christmas Canapes recipe. Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ by the recipe.
Also, if you’d like to show me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations.
Perfect for a festive snack, a starter or a Christmas party.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 375 g Puff Pastry sheet
- 100 g Cranberry sauce
- 150 g Brie
- 1 Egg beaten
- Sprinkle Thyme and sea salt
Preheat the oven to 220C.
Brush the inside of a muffin tin with the olive oil.
Cut the puff pastry sheet into 12 squares and push into each muffin hole.
Spoon in the cranberry sauce and then brie into each pastry case.
Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle on thyme and sea salt if using.
Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until crisp and golden.