This post may contain affiliate links.
This Salted Caramel Cheesecake recipe is a super easy to make, no bake cheesecake recipe. A delicious dessert, light and creamy with the rich flavours of salted caramel. A buttery biscuit base topped with whipped cream cheese and salted caramel. The must make pudding for Salted Caramel fans!
Some foodie trends come and go, but Salted Caramel doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. I love it just as much now as I did when I first discovered it in BBC Good Food Magazine about a hundred years ago (okay, maybe ten years ago). But who can even remember life before Salted Caramel?!
It was inevitable that at some point it would find it’s way into a cheesecake recipe of mine. What sweet treat can’t be made better by adding it to a cheesecake I ask you?
This Salted Caramel Cheesecake is so loved here, it’s my go to recipe to make for friends for dinner parties and get togethers. Quick to make and easily prepare in advance.
Start by crushing your biscuits, I use digestive biscuits but you could swap in your favourite (Hob Nobs perhaps?). Mix them with the melted butter and press into a 7″ round loose bottom tin (I use one like this loose bottom tin, £9 on Amazon).
Then beat your double cream until stiff, add your sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice and caramel. Dollop it on top of the biscuit base and splodge (technical term) lumps of caramel in too. Recipe for salted caramel heaven right there.
Tips for making the Salted Caramel Cheesecake recipe:
- This will be a softer consistency that it’s Creme Egg cousin, that’s because of the caramel swirled through. So I find it’s best to pop it into the freezer to set rather than the fridge. Then once it’s finished, keep it in the fridge and serve straight from the chiller. Don’t leave it to come to room temperature as it will become a bit too soft. No less delicious, but a bit messy.
- Make sure you buy the Caramel by Carnation, rather than condensed milk! Or you can use homemade caramel following my recipe here: 10 Tips for Slow Cooked Caramel
- You could try using McVities Caramel Digestives for the biscuit base, I haven’t tried it but please let me know if you do!
My original cheesecake post with tips and advice is here: Creme Egg Cheesecake. Please read the tips, they will really help you get the perfect cheesecake, first time.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this Salted Caramel Cheesecake recipe. Please rate the recipe and leave me a comment below if you do.
Also, if you fancy showing me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations.
How to make the Salted Caramel Cheesecake:
Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- Crush the biscuits until they look like lumpy sand. (I did mind in a food processor because I'm lazy!)
- Mix with the melted butter and press into your 7" tin.
- Combine the whipped cream, icing sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice and half of one tin of caramel (about 200g). Fold in gently until fully combined.
- Smooth on top of the biscuit base, dotting the remainder of one of the tins of caramel through it as you go (about 200g) and flatten the top with the back of a spoon or a palette knife if you have one.
- Pop into the freezer for 2 hours or into the fridge over night.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin.
- Pour the rest of the caramel over the top. Sprinkle with the sea salt.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.