hen did life get this busy?! We are hurtling towards Easter and I feel like Christmas just passed. If you remember my previous Easter baking escapades like my Cadbury’s Creme Egg Cheesecake and my Caramel Egg Croissants, you’ll know how much I LOVE Easter baking. This year I am feeling a bit behind. I have baked about 50 batches of Creme Egg Rocky Road, but time is short and a couple of weeks ago I needed a super quick dessert cheat to take to dinner with friends. With a pile of Creme Eggs in front of me, this Cheat’s Creme Egg Pavlova Tower was born.
It’s not the prettiest thing I’ve ever created and definitely not the most skillful. But you know, sometimes you just need a store cupboard standby when life is busy. The kids would love to join in with making this and you can put it together in 10 minutes. Who wouldn’t like to see you arrive for an Easter gathering armed with a Creme Egg Pavlova?!
What are you cooking up for Easter? What’s your favourite foodie cheat?
Cadbury's Creme Egg Pavlova Recipe
Cadbury's Creme Egg Pavlova Recipe - A delicious, super quick, Easter dessert. You can whip this pudding up in just 5 minutes for real holiday WOW factor!
- 600 ml Double Cream
- 150 g Milk chocolate
- 150 g White chocolate
- 10 Cadbury's Creme Eggs
- 2 Pavlova shells I like the Tesco Finest ones
- Egg Yellow gel food colour
- Beat the double cream until just holding soft peaks.
- Melt both types of chocolate separately over a saucepan of bubbling water.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk chocolate to the cream and fold in.
- Put half of the chocolate cream mixture to one side.
- Unwrap and chop up 4 of the Creme Eggs, add to the other half of the chocolate cream.
- Sandwich the pavlova shells carefully together with chocolate cream mixed with chopped Creme Eggs.
- Use the remaining chocolate cream to pipe or spoon onto the top of the pavlova tower.
- Colour half of the white chocolate using a tiny amount of yellow gel food colour.
- Drizzle or pipe both of the colours of chocolate over the top of the pavlova.
- Decorate with the remaining Creme Eggs cut in half.