In collaboration with Cypriot New Potatoes
Garlic Parmesan Crushed Potatoes – Crunchy, crispy, crushed new potatoes, smothered in garlic and Parmesan cheese. The ultimate accompaniment side dish.
It’s January. It’s GREY. There is rain pelting against my office window, I have post holiday blues and you know what I’m day dreaming about my friends? Carbs. All the carbs.
What is it about miserable days that just makes us want to eat potatoes? I love them in every incarnation, especially on a chilly day. Perhaps it’s some prehistoric evolutionary need to consume fuel to keep us warm. Or perhaps it’s just the comforting texture of a fluffy potato. Or perhaps it’s because here I’ve smothered them in garlic and Parmesan? Oh yes I went there.
New potatoes are something a bit special. Only available for a brief window of time, they have a delicious waxy, creamy texture. I absolutely adore them.
Luckily for any new potato lovers (hello!) Tesco are importing ‘Spunta’ variety new potatoes from the sunny island of Cyprus. They asked me to try them this week and I came up with this Garlic Parmesan Crushed Potatoes Recipe. Because, what’s better than a new potato? One covered in Parmesan cheese and garlic of course.
Available in 750g packs or loose, these new potatoes are ideal for boiling or steaming, roasting and even baked. Plus, they don’t need to be peeled, so prep is minimal – just a quick wash in cold water – hurrah for a quick supper. Find more about the potatoes here: Tesco Cypriot New Potatoes.
Cypriot New Potatoes are available in Tesco stores from now until the end of March.
Tips for making the Garlic Parmesan Crushed Potatoes Recipe:
- No need to peel the potatoes, just give them a wash in cold water.
- Make sure that the oven is pre-heated to get the really crispy edges.
- This makes a perfect accompaniment to any grilled or oven baked meats or fish.
- You could add bacon, pancetta or chorizo to the tray when baking the potatoes to make this a meal in itself. Just add some salad.
- If you don’t have a special parmesan grater, please CHANGE YOUR LIFE! This is my favourite and it’s just so brilliant for zesting lemons and grating Parmesan cheese without grating your fingers (on Amazon): Microplane Fine Grater Zester
What I used to make the Garlic Parmesan Crushed Potatoes Recipe:
How to make the Garlic Parmesan Crushed Potatoes Recipe:
Garlic Parmesan Crushed Potatoes Recipe
Garlic Parmesan Crushed Potatoes - Crunchy, crispy, crushed new potatoes, smothered in garlic and Parmesan cheese. The ultimate accompaniment side dish.
- 750 g New potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 25 g Parmesan grated
- 3 Spring onions/scallions peeled and finely sliced
Boil the new potatoes for 20 minutes until just cooked.
Pre-heat the oven to 220C.
Drain put onto an oiled baking sheet.
Crush the potatoes using a masher.
Mix the garlic, olive oil and salt and drizzle over the potatoes.
Add the grated parmesan.
Pop into the oven for 30 minutes until crispy and golden.
Sprinkle with the chopped spring onions.
Pin the Garlic Parmesan Crushed Potatoes Recipe for later:
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Tesco Cypriot New Potatoes. As always, all opinions are truthful. This post contains affiliate links.