Garlic Parmesan Crushed Potatoes – Crunchy, crispy, crushed new potatoes, smothered in garlic and Parmesan cheese. The ultimate accompaniment side dish.
It’s January. It’s GREY. There is rain pelting against my office window, I have post holiday blues and you know what I’m day dreaming about my friends? Carbs. All the carbs.
What is it about miserable days that just makes us want to eat potatoes? I love them in every incarnation, especially on a chilly day. Perhaps it’s some prehistoric evolutionary need to consume fuel to keep us warm. Or perhaps it’s just the comforting texture of a fluffy potato. Or perhaps it’s because here I’ve smothered them in garlic and Parmesan? Oh yes I went there.
New potatoes are something a bit special. Only available for a brief window of time, they have a delicious waxy, creamy texture. I absolutely adore them.
Tips for making the Garlic Parmesan Crushed Potatoes Recipe:
- No need to peel the potatoes, just give them a wash in cold water.
- Make sure that the oven is pre-heated to get the really crispy edges.
- This makes a perfect accompaniment to any grilled or oven baked meats or fish.
- You could add bacon, pancetta or chorizo to the tray when baking the potatoes to make this a meal in itself. Just add some salad.
- If you don’t have a special parmesan grater, please CHANGE YOUR LIFE! This is my favourite and it’s just so brilliant for zesting lemons and grating Parmesan cheese without grating your fingers (on Amazon): Microplane Fine Grater Zester
What I used to make the Garlic Parmesan Crushed Potatoes Recipe:
Hope you enjoy this recipe. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this recipe. Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ below!
Also, if you fancy showing me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations and try and share as many of them as I can.
How to make the Garlic Parmesan Crushed Potatoes Recipe:
Garlic Parmesan Crushed Potatoes Recipe
- 750 g New potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 25 g Parmesan grated
- 3 Spring onions/scallions peeled and finely sliced
- Boil the new potatoes for 20 minutes until just cooked.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C.
- Drain put onto an oiled baking sheet.
- Crush the potatoes using a masher.
- Mix the garlic, olive oil and salt and drizzle over the potatoes.
- Add the grated parmesan.
- Pop into the oven for 30 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Sprinkle with the chopped spring onions.
Keep in touch on Facebook ¦
Chit chat on Twitter ¦
Never miss a trick on Bloglovin’ ¦
Circle with me on Google+ ¦
Pinning like my life depends on it Pinterest
Kate - gluten free alchemist says
Love this recipe Sarah. All my favourite flavours and the potatoes look so crispy. Thanks for the share….. perfect for cheering up January xx
GARLIC PARMESAN CRUSHED POTATOES looks and sounds amazing! I look forward to seeing more delicious recipes. Thank you for sharing with us.
Oh wow! I can’t believe how crispy those potatoes look! This is pure comfort food for me, pinning it now ☺️
Lianne | Makes, Bakes and Decor
They turned out just as good as yours look!