This post may contain affiliate links.
I think cake making can be split into a number of categories:-
1. Cake to give to away
2. Cake to bake for fun
3. Cake for medicinal purposes
Having now had a stinking cold for nearly two weeks, I’m in need of medicinal cake. These are practically health food as they contain not only fruit but also peanut butter, you know, FOR ENERGY. You don’t need to be a doctor to prescribe that, do you?
There’s something totally soothing about taking an hour to make something just for the fun of it, then sitting down to share it with a cup of tea. If you’re in need of a pick me up, do yourself a favour and prescribe yourself one of these.
Nutty, fluffy, banana-y. (Is that even a word? It is now. These cupcakes deserve it.)
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. I’d love to know how you got on and what you thought of it if you make this recipe. Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ by the recipe.
Also, if you’d like to show me a photo by tagging me on Instagram (@tamingtwins) I LOVE to see your creations.
How to make Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting:
Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 150 g Unsalted butter
- 75 g Caster sugar
- 75 g Soft light brown sugar
- 2 Large free range eggs
- 175 g Self-raising flour
- 2 Large bananas, peeled and well mashed
For the frosting
- 175 g Unsalted butter
- 220 g Icing sugar
- 110 g Smooth peanut butter
- Handful of salted peanuts to decorate
- Beat the room temperature butter with the caster sugar and soft light brown sugar.
- Beat in each egg, one at a time.
- Fold in the flour and mashed bananas (do this by hand if you've been using a mixer).
- Share between 12 paper muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- Bake at 180C for about 19 minutes, or until very pale golden brown.
- Whilst they are baking, beat the butter, with the icing sugar until well combined.
- Beat in the peanut butter.
- Add a teaspoon at a time of boiling water until the icing is a light, fluffy consistency.
- When the cupcakes are totally cool, pipe the icing onto the cakes or swirl on with a knife.
- Top with some salted peanuts.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.