The summer is finally here, hurrah! What better way to celebrate than inviting some friends over for a spot of Mexican food and learning to shake up the perfect Mojito? (There may also have been a Mexican restaurant playlist involved as the soundtrack. True story.)
TheBar.com is a website packed with cocktail recipe inspiration and advice. They are encouraging people to try cocktail making at home as a change from the usual beer and wine drinking. We had some friends coming over for tacos and so we all got stuck in and mixed up our own mojitos. It was great fun (and a distraction from the music. Ha!) to learn how easy it is to make my most favourite of all drinks at home.
The recipe we used is here:
Mash Up a Mojito with TheBar.com and #LetsCocktail
A great summer cocktail - the famous Mojito
- 1 Part Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
- 1/2 Part Sugar Syrup just 1 part sugar and 1 part water mixed
- 2 Parts Soda Water
- Mash it - throw a handful or mint leaves, sugar syrup and 3 lime wedges into a glass. Mash together to release the flavours.
- Pour it - load the glass with ice. Pour over your rum. Top up with soda.
- Serve - Give it a good stir and serve topped with a sprig of mint.
You can see mojito making in action here:
You can find more cocktail inspiration on TheBar.com website. Feeling inspired? Share photos of your own creations on social media using the hashtag #LetsCocktail for the chance to win prizes.
Fancy some more cocktail inspiration? You can find more #LetsCocktail posts here:
This post is a sponsored post written in association with TheBar.com.