It’s been a tiring week here. I’ve had a stinking cold that I can’t seem to shake off. Parenting is bloody hard when you’re a bit under the weather isn’t it?
We all took to my bed with raisins and Peppa Pig on Monday afternoon. I’ve been finding raisins in every nook and cranny since. This can be filed under ‘the things they don’t tell you about parenting’ along with how to referee a battle to the death over the Bob the Builder hat and how to handle a toddler with an over-inflated sense of fashion.
Anyway, with the help of Night Nurse, I’m well on the mend finally. As soon as I felt well enough, I needed food, carbs are always a winner when you’re feeling under the weather aren’t they? This super simple, super quick supper was just what the doctor ordered.
I’ve been making this nifty little dish since first seeing it on Pinterest months ago. I think the original was via Martha Stewart but there’s a thousand versions around. Some with meat, some without. This is the basic version I use and add whatever I fancy to it. It’s great with some fried mushrooms and chorizo. I didn’t quite have the energy for that version. If you do want to try, just fry the chorizo and mushroom in the pan before adding all of the other ingredients and cook as normal.
The stock you use to make this will make a big difference. I’ve made it with homemade, defrosted chicken stock before which was really delicious. Any good quality stock will be fine though. I tend to use Marigold brand.
Get your favourite pan out and enjoy the simplest supper you’ll make all week.
One Pan Tomato Spaghetti
This delicious one pan tomato spaghetti recipe is perfect for a quick midweek family meal.
- 350 g Spaghetti
- 350 g Tomatoes chopped into chunks
- 1 Large onion sliced
- 4 Cloves of garlic peeled and sliced
- 1 Teaspoon on Herbs de Provence
- 1 Finely sliced red chilli
- 2 Good glugs of extra virgin olive oil
- A handful of fresh basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Litre of stock I used Marigold powder
- 230 g of Black Olives
- Parmesan to serve
- Put the spaghetti, tomatoes, onion, garlic, herbs de Provence, chilli, olive oil, basil, salt and pepper and stock in a large saucepan.
- With the lid on, put it over a medium heat for about 13 minutes, until the pasta is just cooked.
- Add whatever other bits and bobs you fancy, I added olives this time.
- Top with plenty of parmesan.