Gluten free pancakes made with blueberries and deliciously tasty with high protein yogurt drink, Optiwell.
Seriously, is there any better meal than breakfast? During the week we are always in slight chaos these days at breakfast time. But that only makes me appreciate more a lush weekend breakfast. Taking time to enjoy the first meal of the day together.
Often this leads to waffles and bacon sandwiches, but in a bit to keep a little bit healthier (sometimes anyway) I came up with this pancake recipe using Optiwell.
These pancakes are gluten gree (if you use gluten free oats), packed with protein and really tasty.
- 150 ml peach & apricot Optiwell
- 150 g rolled oats
- 1 medium egg
- 1 small banana
- A little rapeseed oil for frying
- Fruit and honey to serve
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blitz briefly until smooth. (If you don’t have a blender, you can just mix the ingredients in a bowl, mashing the bananas as you go. The texture will be slightly different, but still delicious.)
- Place a heavy based frying pan over a medium heat and add a little oil.
- When the pan and oil are hot, spoon circles of batter into the pan. Don’t let the pancakes touch if you can help it. Stir in the flour until you have a thick batter.
- Flip the pancakes over when bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the batter. This will take 4 – 5 minutes.
- Cook the other side of the pancake until both surfaces are golden brown.
- Stack on a plate and serve immediately, with fruit and honey.
What’s your breakfast? Do pancakes feature in your breakfast repertoire?!
Disclosure: This recipe was commissioned by Optiwell. As always, all opinions are truthful and I wouldn’t endorse a product I didn’t genuinely think was brilliant.