In collaboration with Sacla’ Free From Pesto
This pesto chicken bake is an easy, one pan, oven baked, family dinner. It’s also dairy free and gluten free and packed with two portions of colourful vegetables.
Pesto was one of the first foods that my children loved unreservedly. If I can coat it in the rich green, basil sauce, they will eat it. Always a useful trick to have in my Mum toolkit when I want them to try a new vegetable or two.
It’s easy to fall into a rut though, pasta, peas and pesto (perhaps the alliteration that adds to the appeal?!) when we are in need of a quick 10 minute meal. They love it and it’s super simple when you’re a bit frazzled at the end of the day.
Sacla’ sent me some of their Free From range to try recently and it was a perfect opportunity to extend our pesto eating repertoire.
I came up with this one pan traybake, it takes a little longer than the standard pasta pesto, but it’s so easy. Hardly any washing up, piles of veggies all cooked together with tender chicken and crispy potatoes. As it’s made with Sacla’s Free From Pesto, it’s also gluten free, wheat free and dairy free.
As you know, I love a one pan dish, they are just perfect for midweek meals. Easy to pull together during that late afternoon witching hour whilst looking after tired little ones. Plus, this Pesto Chicken Bake obviously involves lots of pesto, so bonus, they are sure to love it too – dinner success – hurrah!
The Scala’ Free From Pesto is made using tofu instead of Parmesan cheese for the same fantastic texture as normal Scala pesto but made suitable for vegan diets too. No gluten or wheat mean it’s also suitable for coeliacs or those with an intolerance.
Scala’ Free From Basil Pesto is available from Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Co-Op and Waitrose, with RRP £2.69.
If you’re looking for other free from ingredients, you can check out the whole Scala’ free from range here: Free From Scala’ Products.
Fancy some more dairy free, gluten free, wheat free meal inspiration? Check out my Pinterest board here:
Tips for making the Pesto Chicken Bake recipe:
- This makes a fantastic make ahead lunch, or if you have any leftovers, pack up for the following day.
- You could add some pine nuts when you add the green beans and tomatoes to add texture.
- Broccoli or sliced courgettes would also work very well in this recipe.
- You could substitute the chicken mini fillets for sliced chicken breasts or
What I used to make the Pesto Chicken Bake recipe:
How to make the Pesto Chicken Bake recipe:
- 750g New potatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 500g Mini chicken fillets
- 120g Sacla' Free From Pesto
- 400g Fine green beans
- 400g Vine cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 200C.
- Put the potatoes and olive oil into the pan, toss the potatoes until coated and bake for about 30 minutes, until starting to soften.
- Add the chicken fillets and then spoon the pesto on top of the potatoes and chicken. Put back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans and tomatoes, with salt and pepper and toss in the pesto-y juices. Put back into the oven for 10 more minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Pin the to make the Pesto Chicken Bake recipe:
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Sacla’ Free From Pesto. As always, all opinions are truthful. This post contains affiliate links.