This is the ULTIMATE No Bake Nutella Cheesecake. Incredibly easy and utterly delicious. This chocolate and hazelnut delight is a must make for Nutella fans.
Oh No Bake Nutella Cheesecake let me count the ways I love you. Chocolate? Hazelnuts? Quick? Simple? Delicious show stopping dessert? Yes, yes and a bit more yes.
April was a funny old month here. My Facebook page went a bit insane overnight with my Easter cheesecake recipes racking up almost 10 million views in the month. It was so fantastic to see so many people making my recipes on Easter Sunday, I made a little collage of some of the photos and had a weep (sentimental over baking, that is how I ROLL).
We had a lovely Easter break, full of fun and friends and delicious food. But a couple of weeks later and can I be honest with you dear bloggy pals? I’m kind of missing the cheesecake excitement around these parts.
Sometimes I think possibly I should start a desserts dedicated blog to house all of these beauts, but you know, this site is the stories of my life and desserts after definitely one of my stories.
So, my cheesecake dabbling joined forces with one of my great sugary loves – NUTELLA. It was always going to be a good marriage am I right?
This really is a show stopper. I think brown things never look quite as good in photos as they do in reality. Please believe me when I say that this is seriously set in my top 5 favourite ever things I’ve baked in my whole life ever amen. Yes. It’s THAT STINKING GOOD.
I sketched out my recipe idea for this, based on my last cheesecake recipe, then did some research and stumbled upon Queen Nigella’s Nutella Cheesecake. She doesn’t use any whipped cream in hers which I’m intrigued by, I imagine it must give more of a dense torte texture. I prefer a lighter cheesecake so have kept in my usual whipped double cream.
After a few trial runs I also ended up using almost double the Nutella I planned on using. Oops. But honestly, if you’re going to do it, you may as well really do it, RIGHT?
Tips for making the No Bake Nutella Cheesecake (sorry, there’s quite a few, please hang in there):
- The consistency should be sliceable but not solid. It will be a lot less solid than a baked cheesecake. Something like room temperature butter, it will give a little quiver if you wobble it gently.
- To maintain the texture of this cheesecake it is best to freeze it as mentioned in the recipe for it to set. Then it’s fine kept in the fridge (if you have any leftovers!)
- When whipping the double cream, be sure to watch it very carefully. It should be just forming soft floppy peaks, but still hold it’s shape. Too runny and the no bake cheesecake will be sloppy, too stiff and it will be too dense.
- An angled palette knife is a really inexpensive piece of kit but it makes SUCH a difference when smoothing things like this out! You can buy them on Amazon here: Angled Palette Knife. I use this to smooth the sides of the cheesecake after it comes out of the tin.
- Do sift the icing sugar, it will give a much smoother texture to the cheesecake. Don’t ignore this as I normally do!
- I would stick to Philadelphia creme cheese for this (and full fat) it seems more stable than supermarket own brands.
- Use a tin with either a springform (the type where the side unclips) or a removable base.
- Warm a sharp, thin knife under a hot tap and then dry it. Use this to run around the outside of the cake, inside the tin, before removing. Remove the knife and wipe it as you work your way around the cake.
- The recipe is for a 7″ DEEP tin (not a standard sandwich cake tin, it will overflow! See the link below for the type of tin I use). You can use smaller or larger but your cheesecake will obviously be taller or shorter. I would DEFINITELY recommend this tin though as it is a great size and very easy to use.
- One final tip, don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter to find out when we post new recipes! (It takes less than a minute and is totally free.)
What I used to make the No Bake Nutella Cheesecake:
Recipe for the No Bake Nutella Cheesecake:
- 280g Digestive Chocolate Biscuits
- 120g Butter (Unsalted), melted
- 600ml Double cream (lightly whipped until it forms soft peaks)
- 400g Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Full fat)
- 75g Icing Sugar, sifted
- Juice of half a lemon
- 600g Nutella
- 150g Nutella
- 100g Roasted chopped hazelnuts
- Crush the biscuits until they look like lumpy sand. (I did mind in a food processor because I'm very lazy..)
- Mix with the melted butter and press into your 7" tin.
- Combine the whipped cream, icing sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice. Fold in gently until fully combined.
- Add the 600g Nutella and stir in thoroughly.
- Smooth on top of the biscuit base and flatten the top with the back of a spoon or a palette knife if you have one.
- Put into the freezer for 2 hours.
- Gentle warm the 150g Nutella (I pop it into the microwave for 20 seconds) and pour over the top. Cover with the chopped hazelnuts.
- Pop back into the freezer for an hour.
- Use my knife tip (above) to remove the cheesecake from the tin.
- Leave to stand for about 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Share and enjoy!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we did. In my testing of this, I had three of these left over. I ended up dropping them off to a friends’ house whilst I went out for a run. Running with a Nutella cheesecake, that’s a sight you don’t see often. I will leave you with that picture – ha!
Enjoy and please pop a photo on my Facebook page if you make this, I’d love to see.
Pin the No Bake Nutella Cheesecake for later: