Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Traybake, for a deliciously sticky and tasty one pan dish. With added new potatoes, green beans and tomatoes for a complete meal.
I can’t believe that it’s almost the end of the summer holidays. The juggling of life and work and children has left me a bit broken, but honestly, I’ve loved it too. Spending time with my little mates all day every day has been (mostly!) a total joy and so worth all of the late nights working.
I’m already thinking about back to school suppers. It’s going to be a big change for us, we’ve decided to try and start sitting down to eat together as a family every night. It’s never been possible midweek before as Mr TT gets home a little too late and they are used to eating earlier. I think a big after school snack will be needed though, which will push supper time later and hurrah, we can eat together every night.
This dish (and variations of it) will definitely be a regular on our autumn meal plans. Super easy to throw together (5 minutes at most), leaving time to hear about all of those new school adventures whilst it bakes and bubbles away.
The food brand, Independent, got in touch with me recently and challenged me to try out their range of products. The award winning brand is available from local stores across the UK (including Costcutter, Mace, Kwiksave, SuperShop and SimplyFresh). Perfect for those times when you need to stock up without going to a big supermarket.
Earlier this month, I used their products to make Pizza Topped Chicken and I’ve also made this dish using their range. The brand offers an huge range of products including fresh meats and vegetables through to household items and treats, all on your doorstep. I was really impressed by not only the range, but also the quality.
Here’s my Easiest Ever Honey Mustard Chicken Traybake recipe:
- 750g Baby new potatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 4 tsp Runny honey
- 2 tsp Wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 4 Salad tomatoes, quartered
- 220g Fine green beans, trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the new potatoes and HALF of the olive oil into a shallow dish. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the honey, mustards and the remaining oil.
- Remove from the oven and add the chicken and tomato halves. Pour over the honey and mustard mixture.
- Put back into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Add the green beans and seasoning and return for a final 10 minutes.
- Check that the chicken is cooked through and serve immediately, topped with the parsley.
Any other favourite tray bake recipes that I should be adding to my back to school meal plan?
Pin the Honey Mustard Chicken Traybake for later:
Disclosure: This recipe was commissioned by Independent by Costcutter. As always, all opinions are honest.