I’m often being told off for apologising too much. I once had a showdown with a colleague who told me to stop apologising. I found it bloody patronising to be told that my politeness is a sign of weakness. I told him that I’d rather have too many manners than not enough LIKE SOME PEOPLE.
(Before I apologised, or course.)
Now I’m no longer gainfully employed in a proper job, I’ll apologise until my heart’s content. I find it cathartic when I’ve made a mistake or cocked up. It goes some way to putting things right doesn’t it?
Well my friends. Let me apologise for what I’m about to bring into your life. Yes. I put a Cadbury’s Caramel Egg into a croissant. It’s filthy. I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.
Actually, this time I’m not really sorry. They are too good.
Here’s what needs to happen, first go hunter gathering for your ingredients..
Pop open your tube of dough.. (Added bonus to this recipe – it’s as satisfying as bubble-wrap popping.)
Roll out and stuff with frozen caramel eggs..
Bake and boom, eat with caramel dribbling down your chin.
Are you ready for the money shot?
They were a resounding success in this house. (Don’t worry, this isn’t their normal breakfast, obviously and raspberries cancel out the sugar anyway, doh.)
- Pack of ready to pop croissant dough
- 6 Cadbury's Caramel Eggs
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Freeze your Caramel Eggs overnight.
- When you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 200C.
- Open out your croissant dough and cut along the markings to make 6 triangles.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Unwrap your Caramel eggs and lay one on each croissant triangle at the wide side and roll up into a croissant shape. (Who'd've thought it?!)
- Try to squish the dough a little bit around the egg so that the dough sticks together and there's no open gaps in the dough.
- Lay on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and brush with more beaten egg.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- Leave for about 5 or 10 minutes before eating.
What will you be having for breakfast on Easter Sunday? Have you ever stuffed something strange in a croissant..? (Actually, don’t answer that.)
PS. If you enjoy my foodie posts, please can I ask you to nominate me in the BIB Awards for Food? It takes 2 minutes and it would totally make my day! Thank you!