sponsored by Optiwell
Fruity avocado chocolate mousse – a healthier, lighter chocolate mousse, made with avocados for good fats and Optiwell yoghurt drink and berries for a fruity taste. Whizzed up in just a minute!
The festive season is nearly upon us and as always all I can think of is ALL THE BAKING. I love it. For me, it’s such a bit part of the season. The wafts of cinnamon and spice.
Of course, in a few weeks time when it’s all over, I will feel like I’ve ever so slightly over dosed on desserts and am ready for a rest. This year, I’m just trying to make some healthy choices as and when I can to hopefully even things up a bit.
I came up with this chocolate mousse using avocados and Optiwell as a chocolate treat that’s a bit more nutritious than my usual choices. I know, avocados anc chocolate, say what? But honestly, please bear with me. I’ve seen versions of avocado chocolate mousse all over Pinterest and decided to come up with my own.
I kept it super simple and whizzed it all up in my Froothie blender. If you are in the market for a blender for yourself of anyone else this Christmas, these really are something special. It’s one of the best pieces of kitchen gadgetry I’ve ever owned as it really REALLY makes a different to blending even the toughest fruit or vegetables (this is the one I use Froothie Optimum 9200).
I added Optiwell yoghurt drink for added protein and a fruity flavour and it really worked. This is definitely being added to my “I want a treat but to FEEL virtuous” recipe list.
- 75g Dark chocolate (70% cocoa if possible)
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon Good quality cocoa powder
- 330ml Optiwell Strawberry & Raspberry
- 4 Strawberries
- 75g Raspberries
- Chocolate to grate for garnish
- Melt the chocolate either in a small pan over some just steaming water or in 15 second bursts in the microwave. Allow to cool for about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and de stone the avocado and pop in the blender. Add the cocoa.
- Add the cooled chocolate.
- Add about half of the Optiwell and blend very well until smooth and thick. Add more Optiwell until you reach the desired texture and thickness for your taste.
- Place chopped strawberries along with the raspberries in the base of two ramekins and pour the mixture on top.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or until ready to serve.
- Garnish with a little grated chocolate.
What I used to make the Avocaddo Chocolate Mousse recipe:
Pin the Avocado Chocolate Mousse recipe for later:
Disclosure: This recipe was an advertorial post commissioned by Optiwell. As always, all opinions are truthful. This post contains affiliate links.